Cloud Girl's Microsoft Blog
Office365 in Education
Changes to changes for Academic customers through Enrollment for Education Solutions (EES), Open Value Subscription for Education Solutions (OVS-ES) and School Enrollments.
- Effective Sept 1st, the free E1 plan will be known as Office 365 Education.
- Improving the features in the existing exchange online and sharepoint online functionality already included in the “E1” plan.
- E3/E4 will no longer be available to new Educational customers, only renewing. This means that there is one free sku available to every educational body with an option for add ons.
Plans before the change:
With the new model, you will still get Office Online and Yammer. You still get exchange plan 1 but it has new functionality, you now get in place and litigation hold, you are allowed to have inactive mailboxes and you also get an unlimited personal archive!
They are still calling the sharepoint plan 1, but they have said it has all of the functionality of plan 2. On top of this you can add additional products like Office365 Pro Plus, Azure Rights management and Skype for Business Plus Cal.
Plans after 1st September 2015
- Moving from Midsize Business to one of the new Business Plans
- Add Partner of Record Link missing from Office365 Portal.
- Office365 in Education
- Exchange Online Advanced Threat Protection
- Office 365 Issues
- Microsoft Cashback is BACK!
- Office 365 Price Increase
- Skype for Business - New features preview
- Office 365 Transition Guide